-->

Pages

Karen & Peter! {Raleigh Durham Wedding Photographer}

Friday, September 16, 2011

blog9

I have been so excited to share this wedding preview on my blog!  Karen and Peter were married in Durham last weekend on a gorgeous, sunny afternoon.  When I first met them many months ago, I walked away with two things in mind—one, they seemed like an amazing couple, and two- I thought their wedding day would be so much fun.  (I was right on both accounts.) Their wedding was beautiful, simple and sweet—and as they exchanged their vows in the company of their incredibly loving families and friends--I felt so honored to be a part of their special day. Moreover, this wedding was extra special for me because I got to shoot alongside my brother-in-law and photography extraordinaire, Graham.  I don’t shoot many weddings, but when I do, he is the person I want shooting with me…calm, creative and confident.  Many thanks to Graham for accompanying me this day, and a huge thanks to Karen and Peter for allowing me to document your lovely wedding. So without further ado…a little preview:

blog2-1

They were married at Hope Valley Baptist Church in Durham. 

blog7

blog1-1

blog6

I was thrilled that Karen and Peter wanted to do a “first look”, allowing them some time just to themselves before the ceremony, and allowing me to take lots of pictures of them together : )  I loved their faces when they saw each other for the first time.

blog8

blog10

blog4-1

Love this groom shot, Graham! 

blog13

Karen and her twin sister, Katie. They were adorable.

blog21

blog22

blog11

blog12

After the lovely ceremony, everyone headed over to the Durham Arts Council downtown for cocktails, dinner and dancing!

blog3-1

blog18

blog14

blog15

blog16 blog19

blog17

blog20

Congratulations Karen and Peter!  I wish you two the very best as you begin your new life together…I know it will be filled with so much joy and happiness. : )

1 comment:

Graham said...

These are gorgeous Sarah! It's always a blast shooting alongside you. Congrats Karen & Peter!!!